The Wandelreis Suriname 2022 is organized by Exotic Travel Suriname and falls under their General Travel Conditions.
Article 1. Introductory provisions
1. Exotic Travel Suriname; the travel organizer.
2. Travel agreement; the agreement whereby Exotic Travel Suriname commits itself towards its counterparty to provide a pre-organized trip that it has offered.
3. Traveler; the other party of Exotic Travel Suriname (traveler or applicant).
Article 2. Realization of travel agreement
1. The agreement is established by the traveler's acceptance of the offer of Exotic Travel Suriname. The formation and acceptance of the agreement is confirmed by signing the offer or the order confirmation received as an agreement. After signature, the traveler receives a written confirmation, in the form of an invoice.
2. The offer of Exotic Travel Suriname is without obligation and can be withdrawn if necessary.
Revocation must be made as soon as possible, but no later than the following working day after acceptance, stating the reasons. Revocation due to correction of errors in the sum calculation is permitted.
3. The traveler shall provide Exotic Travel Suriname with all information concerning himself and the travelers registered by him at the latest when concluding the agreement that may be of interest. He also mentions details of the quality or composition of the group of travelers he has notified that may be important for the proper execution of the trip through Exotic Travel Suriname.
4. The person entering into an agreement on behalf of or for the benefit of another person (the notifier) is jointly and severally liable for all obligations arising from the agreement. All traffic (including payment traffic) between the traveler and Exotic Travel Suriname goes exclusively through the applicant. Every other traveler is for his own share in the travel agreement.
5. Apparent errors and mistakes are not binding on Exotic Travel Suriname.
6. Exotic Travel Suriname is not responsible for general information in photos, brochures, advertisements, websites and other information carriers, insofar as prepared or published under the responsibility of third parties.
Article 3. Payment
1. Upon the conclusion of the contract, a deposit of 20% of the total agreed travel sum must be paid (with a minimum of € 250.- plus any payments for insurance premiums and costs included in the travel contract. In exceptional cases such as, for example, with airline tickets, a different (payment) arrangement may apply.
2. The remainder of the travel sum must be paid no later than six weeks before the day of departure. In the event of late payment, the traveler is in default. This can result in cancellation whereby the cancellation costs are charged to the traveler.
3. If the agreement is concluded within 6 weeks of the day of departure, the entire travel sum must be paid immediately.
4. The traveler who does not pay on time, owes the statutory interest on the amount still due. In addition, extrajudicial collection costs (15% of the claim) are charged.
Article 4. Travel sum
1. The stated travel sum is in euros, levies and taxes, as these Exotic Tours Suriname were known at the time of compiling the trip. The stated travel sums apply per person, unless stated otherwise.
2. As long as the entire travel sum is not paid, Exotic Travel Suriname has the right to increase the travel sum up to 20 days before the day of departure in connection with changes in transport costs (including fuel costs), taxes, levies and taxes owed. applicable exchange rates.
3. The traveler has the right to reject an increase in the travel sum as referred to in the previous paragraph. He must make use of this right (under penalty of forfeiture) within 3 working days after receiving the notification of the increase.
4. If the traveler rejects the travel sum increase, Exotic Travel Suriname has the right to cancel the agreement. The Exotic Travel Suriname must (under penalty of forfeiture) make use of this right within 7 working days of receipt by the traveler of the announcement about the increase. In that case, the traveler is entitled to remission or immediate restitution of money already paid for the part in question in the agreement.
5. When booking a trip with a departure within 14 days, a last-minute surcharge of € 25.- will be charged.
Article 5. Travel documents and travel documents
1. The traveler must be in possession of the required valid documents, such as a passport and any required visas, proof of vaccinations / vaccinations and (international) driver's license (with self-drive) upon departure and during the journey. The traveler must d
2. The traveler must be in possession of an insurance policy during the trip that at least covers the risk of hospital costs, doctor's costs, funeral costs and repatriation costs in a reasonable manner.
3. Exotic Travel Suriname provides the traveler with the required travel documents no later than 10 days before the day of departure, provided that full payment has been made for the trip.
4. If the traveler has not received any travel documents at least 5 working days before departure, he must immediately report this to Exotic Travel Suriname.
Article 6. Change by the traveler and replacement
1. The traveler can request changes to the agreement up to 28 days before departure. These changes will be made as far as possible. In the event of a changed travel sum, the traveler must pay the changed travel sum, after deduction of the monies already paid, (directly). In addition to the actual costs, the change costs amount to € 25.- per booking per change and any communication costs. Postponing the departure date or reducing the number of paying passengers is considered a (partial) cancellation to which Article 7 applies.
2. In good time before the start of the trip, the traveler can be replaced by another person provided that the other person meets all the conditions attached to the agreement and the request is submitted no later than 14 days before departure. The applicant, the traveler and the person who replaces him are jointly and severally liable vis-à-vis Exotic Travel Suriname for the payment of the part of the travel sum still due, the modification and communication costs referred to in Article 6, paragraph 1 and any additional costs resulting from the replacement.
Article 7. Cancellation by the traveler
1. If an agreement is canceled, the traveler must pay the following cancellation costs in addition to any reservation costs due:
a. for cancellation up to the 42nd day (exclusive) before the day of departure: the deposit;
b. cancellation from the 42nd day (inclusive) to the 28th day (exclusive) before the day of departure: 35% of the travel sum;
c. cancellation from the 28th day (inclusive) to the 21st day (exclusive) before the day of departure: 50% of the travel sum;
d. cancellation from the 21st day (inclusive) to the 14th day (exclusive) before the day of departure: 75% of the travel sum;
e. for cancellation from the 14th day (inclusive) up to the 5th day (exclusive) before departure: 90% of the travel sum;
f. if canceled on the day of departure or later: the full travel sum.
2. If a trip is composed of different parts to which different cancellation provisions apply, the specific provisions applicable to each part apply. For example, a different cancellation scheme may apply to airline tickets, car hire, special services such as national parks and cultural or sporting events.
3. The cancellation of an agreement by one or more travelers who have booked together for a stay in a hotel room, apartment or other accommodation is considered as cancellation of all agreements, so that all travelers must pay the amounts referred to in the previous paragraphs . The travel sum will be determined again for the remaining travelers. This can result in an additional price.
Article 8. Cancellation by Exotic Travel Suriname
1. Exotic Travel Suriname has the right to cancel the agreement due to serious circumstances. Weighing circumstances are understood to be circumstances that are of such a nature that no further binding of Exotic Travel Suriname to the agreement can reasonably be required.
2. A coverage limitation of the Calamity Fund relating to the agreement
Traveling is a major circumstance.
3. If the cause of the cancellation can be attributed to the traveler, the result comes from this
resulting damage at the expense of the traveler.
4. If the cause of the cancellation can be attributed to Exotic Travel Suriname, the resulting damage will be for the account of Exotic Travel Suriname if this is the case, it will be determined on the basis of Article 12.
5. If the cause of the cancellation cannot be attributed to either the traveler or Exotic Travel Suriname, the parties will each bear their own damage. See Article 11.
Article 9. Change by Exotic Travel Suriname
1. Due to local conditions of the areas traveled or other circumstances associated with this
Exotic Travel Suriname reserves the right to make changes to the journey, for example in the travel route, the travel schedule, place of arrival and departure, transport and stay, the times and the order in which planned excursions are made carried out, or even terminate the journey if it has already begun. Other circumstances are in any case understood to mean the circumstances mentioned in Article 10, point 4 under a and b. Changes to travel schedules as a result of persistent bad weather conditions are also covered by this article. Changes in transport and accommodation may include the designation of a different type of means of transport or a different type of accommodation and / or other carrier.
2. In the event of a change, Exotic Travel Suriname offers the traveler an alternative offer if possible. The alternative offer must be at least equivalent.
3. Exotic Travel Suriname may also amend the agreement on a non-material point due to serious circumstances. In that case, the traveler can only reject the change if the change is to the disadvantage of more than minor significance.
4.a. The traveler who makes use of his right to reject the change or the alternative offer pursuant to the previous paragraphs must make this known within 3 working days after receiving the message about the change. From 10 days before departure, a 24-hour period applies (1 working day).
4.b. In that case, Exotic Travel Suriname has the right to cancel the agreement with immediate effect. He must make use of this right (under penalty of forfeiture) within 3 working days after the traveler has received notification of the rejection. From 10 days before departure, a 24-hour period applies (1 working day). In that case, the traveler is entitled to remission or refund of the travel sum (or, if the trip has already been partially enjoyed, refund of a proportionate part thereof) within 4 weeks.
5. If after the departure of the traveler (s) an important part of the services to which the agreement relates is not provided or Exotic Reizen Suriname notices that he will not be able to provide an important part of the services, Exotic Reizen Suriname will to ensure that appropriate alternative arrangements are made with a view to continuing the journey.
Article 10 - Liability and force majeure
1. Without prejudice to the provisions of Articles 8, 9 and 11, Exotic Travel Suriname is obliged to implement the agreement as the traveler can reasonably expect based on the agreement.
2. If the journey does not proceed in accordance with the expectations referred to in paragraph 1, the traveler is obliged to inform the persons involved as referred to in Article 12 as soon as possible.
3. If the trip does not take place in accordance with the expectations referred to in paragraph 1, Exotic Travel Suriname is obliged to compensate any damage, unless the failure to comply is not attributable to him or to the person whose assistance he helps with the implementation of uses the agreement because:
a. the shortcoming in the implementation of the agreement is attributable to the traveler; or
b. the shortcoming in the performance of the agreement could not have been foreseen or could not be remedied and is attributable to a third party who is not involved in the delivery of the services included in the trip; or
c. the shortcoming in the implementation of the agreement is due to an event that Exotic Travel Suriname or the person whose assistance it uses in the implementation of the agreement could not foresee or remedy with due regard for all possible care; or
d. the shortcoming in the implementation of the agreement is due to force majeure as referred to in paragraph 4 of this article.
4. Exotic Travel Suriname can in any case not be held liable for damage that has arisen as a result of the following circumstances:
a. war, danger of war, martial law, quarantine, riot, acts of sabotage, strike, exclusion, crime, boycott actions, scarcity of goods, disruptions in means of communication, disruptions in means of transport, delays in public means of transport.
b. social disruption due to natural disasters and serious accidents.
c. errors by third parties as well as third parties' failure to fulfill their obligations when these
third parties are not employees of Exotic Travel Suriname or are not directly engaged by Exotic Travel Suriname in the implementation of the agreement.
5. The liability of Exotic Travel Suriname for damage for which the usual travel and cancellation insurance policies provide cover is excluded. Nor is Exotic Travel Suriname liable for damages that are excluded by virtue of the applicable written or unwritten International Law.
6. The liability of Exotic Travel Suriname per traveler due to the death of the traveler and the occurrence of physical and psychological injury, can never be higher than the travel sum per person.
7. The liability for all other damages will never be more than 50% of the travel sum per person per traveler.
8. Exotic Travel Suriname is never liable for loss or damage to luggage and travel documents.
Article 11 - Help and assistance
1. Exotic Travel Suriname is, depending on the circumstances, obliged to provide assistance and assistance to the traveler if the trip does not proceed in accordance with the expectations that it could reasonably have under the agreement.
2. If the trip does not proceed in accordance with the expectations that the traveler could reasonably have on the basis of the agreement due to circumstances that cannot be attributed to either the traveler or Exotic Travel Suriname, everyone will bear his own damage. For Exotic Travel Suriname, this includes the additional deployment of manpower: for the traveler, this includes, among other things, additional accommodation and repatriation costs. 3. The traveler is obliged to comply with all instructions from Exotic Travel Suriname to promote the proper execution of the trip and is liable for damage caused by his unauthorized behavior, to be assessed according to the standard of the behavior of a correct traveler.
Article 12 - Complaints
1. A deficiency found in the performance of the agreement must be reported to the service provider concerned as soon as possible so that he can find an appropriate solution. If the shortcoming is not resolved and the quality of the trip is affected, it must be reported immediately to the local representation or, if not available, to Exotic Travel Suriname. The communication costs will be reimbursed by Exotic Travel Suriname, unless it appears that they could not reasonably have been incurred. Proof of costs incurred (invoices) must be shown. If it later transpires that the traveler has not complied with this notification obligation and Exotic Travel Suriname has not been given the opportunity to remedy the shortcoming, his possible right to compensation may be limited or excluded.
2. If a complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, it must be submitted in writing and with reasons to Exotic Travel Suriname within one month after the end of the trip. If the complaint does not concern the implementation but the conclusion of an agreement, it must be submitted to Exotic Travel Suriname within one month after the traveler becomes aware of the facts to which the complaint relates.
3. Dutch law applies to all disputes between Exotic Travel Suriname and the traveler.